It’s a Wednesday night, and getting close to dinner time… the casserole that was removed from the freezer yesterday is still a solid block of ice… whats for dinner now? Take-out?
No! With some ingredients that were already in the fridge we created an excellent Hawaiian pizza! Using some leftover chicken (in this case it was three questers of the Caribbean Jerk Chicken from earlier in the week) and the wonderful naan from Stonefire we were well on our way to creating a quick dinner with no extended prep time.
For having little to no planning ahead of time, this pizza exceeded all of our expectations. The naan formed the perfect crust, and the tangy pineapple worked beautifully with the salty bacon and the spicy chicken. The basil peso and the mozzarella cheese formed the perfect topping.
Yet another night of take-out expense avoided! This delicious Hawaiian Naan pizza is easy, let me know if you try it!
- 2 tablespoons diced Bacon
- ¼ diced pineapple
- ½ cup jerk spiced chicken
- ½ jalapeño diced and seeded
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto, additional for garnish
- 1 glove of garlic smashed
- mozzarella cheese
- Stonefire Naan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- On a pizza stone (or cookie sheet), rub the naan with the smashed clove of garlic to enpart the flavor onto the flatbread, next smooth the pesto evenly over the naan coating as a sauce.
- Add each of the toppings one by one ending with the cheese one the top, bake in the oven for ten minutes or until pizza reaches desired crispiness.
- Add an additional drizzle of pesto to garnish, slice and serve.