Well this was a winner. Hannah turned three recently and my sister brought over what literally looked like chocolate chip cookie dough dip for her party. I looked at it and thought, well now, doesn’t that look interesting!
It was like a creamy cookie dough. Because it had the hint of nut flavor, because of the almonds and the chocolate chips really made this feel like you were eating cookie dough, without the guilt!! It had the a similar texture to cookie dough, but it was scoopable!
You could definitely taste the oatmeal in it, and if you are not an oatmeal fan, then just leave that ingredient out. The oats also give it a good texture! Trust me, if you have a party, event, or something special and want to impress a crowd, try this!!
Seriously….look at these pictures! You wanna bite, I know you do!!! The good thing, this is healthy cookie dough, you don’t just have to stop at just one bite! We used vanilla wafers (can you tell we have a 3 year old) and pretzels. The salt and sweet was really yummy!
- 1½ cups chickpeas or white beans
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ⅛ cup milk (this is optional for creaminess)
- ⅛ tsp of salt
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼-1/2 cup chocolate chips (depending on preference)
- 2 tbsp of rolled oats (optional and will make dip thicker)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Add all ingredients, except for chocolate chips to a food processor
- We started by pulsing and then continued blending until all ingredients were smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips
- Chill if desired.
- If soupy add oats to thicken. We recommend that you avoid blenders, we used our KitchenAid food processor and that worked very well.
Recipe Inspiration: Chocolate Covered Katie