I love homemade Chicken Parmesan but it can be calorie laden!! But here we have taken the processed out of it, and made it oh so yummy! This is a great change up to spaghetti night. It does have several steps to it, but I promise it is worth it! Play around with this recipe, and adjust the seasoning if needed! I promise you this will not disappoint!
You and your family will love the clean tasting updated version of chicken parmesan!!! You could shred up some veggies and hide it in the sauce here as well!! I served this with broccoli, or pair it with a nice salad!
It looks so good, don’t ya just wanna bite?!
- 1.5 lbs of Chicken breast tender (boneless, skinless)
- 2 tbs of Italian seasoning
- 1 tbs of garlic powder
- ½ cup of whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 box of your Favorite pasta ( I used angel hair)
- 3 cans of crushed tomatoes (low sodium)
- 2 tsp of agave syrup
- 4 oz of fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil leaves
- Using non stick spray or a light oil, coat the sheet tray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the flour, cheese, and half of the spices.
- Pat dry the chicken and roll each chicken into the mixture.
- Placing on a nonstick sheet tray.
- Give a light spray on top of nonstick spray and place into oven to cook until crispy and golden.
- Put onto boil the water for the noodles and cook according to package directions.
- I used the tofu noodles here as well, and mixed it with one serving of pasta by weight.
- In a sauce pan place the tomatoes on to cook at a medium heat.
- Put the remaining spices in and here you can add more if needed.
- Also place the agave in as well to help balance some of the acidity in the dish.
- Cook until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- When chicken is done, put torn basil leaves and fresh mozzarella on top of the chicken to melt.
- Remove from the oven and serve over the pasta and with sauce.