It’s HOT, and while we usually make soups are made during the winter months, Gazpacho is a delicious cold soup. If you aren’t familiar with Gazpacho, it’s a soup that is made of raw vegetables usually with a tomato base and served cold. It originated in Spain and Portugal and is absolutely delicious and refreshing!
As you can see, with farmers markets fully stocked, the soup features fresh delicious ingredients. If you have tomatoes in the garden, they could easily be used as well! Most of the ingredients will need to be coarsely chopped, but we love to use this trick with cucumbers, we carve them out and then chop them.
The trick to this soup is to try and keep all of the vegetables the same size. This allows for perfect spoonfuls and no single ingredient dominating the flavors.
We hope you enjoy this recipe. You literally just combine the ingredients and let it sit in the refrigerator and you serve this soup COLD. It’s different and unique, give it a try.
- 3 Large Tomatoes, seeded, cored and ¼ inch dice
- 2 Cucumbers, Half peeled, seeded and ¼ inch dice
- 1 Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper, ¼ inch dice
- ½ Cup Sweet Onion, diced
- 1 teas. Garlic, minced
- 2 teas. Salt
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 5 Cups Low Sodium Tomato Juice, cold
- 1-2 teas. Sriracha, or your favorite, hot sauce
- 8-10 Sprigs of Cilantro leaves, minced
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- In large non-metallic bowl combine Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Bell Pepper, Onion, Garlic and Salt. Let sit until the veggies start to release their liquid.
- Add the Vinegar, Tomato Juice, Cilantro, lime juice and start with 1 teaspoon of hot sauce and adjust to your taste.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
- Optional serving suggestions, chop a few extras of the veggies above so people can add more of what they like. Also Croutons, Avocado, Black and Green Olives, Olive Oil and additional hot sauce.
Anna Wright says
I really enjoyed watching this recipe 🙂
Gonna try out tonight, Love your making!