Cupcakes can be boring right? This is just a simple yellow cupcake, spiced up!! Doesn’t nutella make everything better?! I got a jar of nutella and have been enjoying it ever since! Hannah, my three year old called them ‘chocolate surprise cupcakes’ because every time you bite into one, there’s a surprise!
This recipe is very straightforward. Just follow the basic yellow cupcake recipe below, and then once they are cooled, get a piping bag or ziploc bag with the end cut off, and add the nutella inside the cupcake. I worked the nutella with my hands to warm it up slightly and make it workeable, but it’s not rocket science. Adding nutella to the middle, just makes it better!!
We whipped up some basic vanilla frosting and had ourselves a little tea party. Me, Hannah, and her two barbies. I love being a dad.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup soft butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time and then add the vanilla
- Slowly add flour alternately with milk
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from the center of a cupcake
- Once cooled get a piping bag and add the nutella inside the cupcake