We are pork lovers. Pork chops, bacon, tenderloins we love pork. Tonight’s dinner was a delicious pesto bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. When I got home from work I could smell it lofting from the front door. I walk up the stairs and exclaimed, ‘What in the WORLD are you cooking!?’ My wife always likes it when I ask because it usually means I’m smelling success. When she told me it was pesto tenderloin I got a little worried. I like pesto, but on bread. Would this taste good?
Lacy pulled it out of the oven, I looked at it. Bacon wrapped all around it and the pesto clearly visible. She smiled and said, ‘Oh you’ll love it, You’ll see!’ I brought it downstairs to take a few pictures. It looked amazing. I brought it back upstairs after taking pictures, we sat down and by then it had cooled just enough that I didn’t have to blow it. I took my first bite and WOW. Juicy, tender, and the pesto….it made the pork so delicious. The pesto was able to get into inside the meat and really gave it nutty flavor. I looked at my beautiful wife and smiled. I love our family table. We shared food of course, but we share our hearts. Now matter what you create, make sure you spend time around your family table.
- 1 Pork Tenderloin (2-4lbs)
- ½ cup of Pesto
- 3-4 pieces of bacon (depends on size)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place tenderloin in a roasting pan and cover with the pesto sauce.
- Next wrap bacon around the tenderloin. Add more if desired
- Roast in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Either slice into it to ensure doneness or use a meat thermometer to ensure that it reaches 160F