I am a Mom, we are a busy family. So I love when recipes are not only healthy, but quick and versatile. One of the reasons I love the Perdue Mesquite Perfect Portions chicken breast is that a good portion of the seasoning is already done for you.
I also like to make soups from time to time; soup is food that simply gets better the longer the ingredients are together. So that means some awesome leftovers!! I literally threw this recipe together in about 10 minutes and it only took about another 30 to cook. I cooked it just until the potatoes and chicken were completely done. There are leeks in his soup, if you have never used leeks before they are kind of like a mild onion. Make sure you wash them after slicing, because they grow in sandy soil, and they will have a lot of grit.
You can also add to vitamin filled baby spinach or even bok choy, or cabbage. Really the sky is the limit here in addition of veggies. This is a great soup, high in protein because of the chicken, but an overall light fresh taste!
- 1 package of Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite chicken breasts
- 2 leeks chopped and rinsed both green and white parts
- 5 small potatoes
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- salt to taste
- 3 garlic cloves
- Into a soup pot place all ingredients into pan and cook over medium-medium low heat, or until chicken is done and potatoes are soft.
- When done, you can leave chicken breast whole or chop.
- Really that’s it.
- Enjoy with some crackers or crusty bread, the broth is so good you won’t want to leave a drop!
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!