These are a big hit around my house. Sausage balls are a classic party food! If you showed up with these balls of goodness, trust me there won’t be any to take home! Bisquick, with sharp cheddar cheese and sausage made better by adding cream cheese….ummm, need I say more. Seriously!
These are absolutely amazing. Crispy on the bottom, smooth in the middle and hints of cream cheese and sharp cheddar just make this such a keeper. I am getting hungry just describing this, thank goodness they are already gone!!
These are good any way. Cold, just out of the oven, literally any way you eat these, you can’t mess this up! These cream cheese sausage balls are ideal for really any occasion
I mean just look at these pictures!! You can see the cheese bubbling up and crispy, man, I seriously need to go to rehab for food LOL. I just want to make these again, maybe I will! Have a great day, these will definitely make your taste buds up for joy!
- 1lb package ground sausage
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar
- pepper to taste (optional to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl and mash well with your fingers.
- Create one inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together and then roll it into balls
- Place the balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, like shown above
I make these with hot italain sausage..and no crm cheese and they are great
Do we brown the sausage first?
No..mix all ingredients raw and then roll into balls and then cook.
About how many sausage balls do you get with this recipe?