Yummy yummy licious, as my 2 year old would say! She can’t say ‘delicious’ so she goes all west coast on me (you know, those Hollywood types that say ridic, instead of ridiculous). This was truly LICIOUS! Lacy and I live near downtown Cincinnati and one of our favorite restaurants is Buckhead Mountain Grill. They have buffalo wings to die for. We get them every time. Something we get this appetizer as a MEAL! Finger lickin’ good. The sauce is very distinct. You can almost smell the cayenne when they come to your table, but the sauce isn’t going to melt your mouth off with heat.
This is our attempt to re-create this sauce. We started with Red Hot buffalo sauce. This is a good starting point, but we don’t just want a bottled sauce, I’d much rather make it better. Add a few other ingredients and let it simmer for a little while and you’ve got some really amazing buffalo sauce.
Just writing this post makes my mouth water!! Lacy is a fanatic when it comes to sauces. I sometimes wish we had two refrigerators because our fridge at times get’s taken over by homemade sauce creations! This sauce would go great on a hamburger, chicken, even as a marinade! It’s a definite keeper!!
Don’t ya just wanna bite?! I mean seriously, that just looks sick!
- One bottle of red hot buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of honey barbecue sauce any brand
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder (you could add crushed garlic, just brown first)
- 1 teaspoon of creole seasoning for extra spice optional
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until warmed through and mixed together thoroughly (super easy)