It’s the most wonderful time of the year. The time of Christmas Trees, hot cocoa, sweaters, and all the treats!
We use this time of year as an excuse to eat whatever we want and we give ourselves permission to eat them. I often get really nostalgic around the holidays and I begin to bake and make the special treats that I remember making with my Grandmother as a child. They make me remember her and the fond memories I have at Christmas time.
What are some of your favorite Holiday treats? Something I have always loved and it is probably my favorite cookie is a short bread cookie. I like the crisp buttery nature of it. The sweetness level is muted, which I like and I feel like its a well balanced dessert. I came across this short bread recipe and they are the perfect poppable treat. They are mini shortbread bites. This recipe was inspired by Good Housekeeping. These were a hit with my family and I know they will be with yours too!
- 1 cup of cold butter diced
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- ½tsp of almond extract
- 2¼ cup of flour
- 2½ tbs of sprinkles
- Mix together 1 cup of butter, sugar, almond extract, and flour.
- Mix until mixture is crumbly.
- Add in sprinkles and mix again.
- Mixture will be crumbly.
- Place in a parchment lined pan and press together to form a uniform dough.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut into small bites sized squares.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
We hope you enjoy this recipe, it didn’t last long at our house!
This recipe was inspired by Good Housekeeping.