Okay so true, no one is getting SKINNY eating this cheesecake!! BUT it’s Thanksgiving today and so I thought I’d share what we are having for dessert tonight! It’s a delicious skinny chocolate chip cheesecake that is ‘slimmed down’ to help those who are watching their waste lines and NOT wanting them to expand over the holidays! My wife is always looking for ways to reduce the calories in a dish so as you will see in the recipe below, there are many ingredients you’ll find in a traditional cheesecake, but those ingredients are 1/3 less in fat, or possibly fat free. I will say that last year when we had this cheesecake, there wasn’t any left! I always look at that as a sign of success, just like at a the dinner table, when no one is talking and everyone is eating….just means the food is darn tasty!
As you can see from the knife poke, we are truly home cooks! This cheesecake has become a family tradition and we enjoy it every year! As Thanksgiving comes to a close, I’m so happy for everything we have, cheesecakes or not. This has been a good year for my family and we have a lot to be thankful for. Remember to hug your family today and thank God for all you have, because most likely the people surrouding your table tonight are the most important people in your life, even if it is your awesome mother-in-law (I know she reads this….brownie points)!
- 10 oreo cookies
- 4 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, or less to taste
- 6 large egg whites
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- Crush cookies to form crust
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix ingredient the remaining ingredients together (except for half of the chocolate chips)
- Pour half of the batter into the pan and then top with remaining ½ if chips
- Place into water bath and cook for 40-50 or until just set.
- Let completely cool and chill for four hours