We love a good classic recipe. Crockpot bbq chicken is a classic recipe that if you are in a pinch, will make most members of my family VERY happy. My wife and I have a love for all things spice. She is constantly adding red pepper flakes to things to ‘spice them up’. Well this recipe is no different. If you want a classic crockpot barbeque chicken recipe, with a little spice, look no further!
Spices spices make the world go around, or at least they do in this recipe! You will need, Oregano, Ancho chili pepper, celery salt, red pepper, cumin, onion and garlic powder (you can use fresh here if you want).
Place the frozen chicken in the crockpot, add the spices and the bbq sauce and voila. A fantastic dinner in under 10 minutes! Gotta love that!
- 1 lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 cups of Water
- 1 container of Honey Hickory Smoke Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp of Oregano
- ¼ tsp of Celery Salt
- 1 tsp of Ground Mustard
- 5 tsp of Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes (add more if you desire more spice)
- I love set it and forget it recipes!
- Put all ingredients into crockpot on high for 4-6 hours or until done, and shred with a fork.
- Serve with your favorite bun.
This recipe was fantastic! I wanted a little extra heat, so I did three tsp of chili powder and two tsp of cayenne pepper instead of 5 tsp of just the chili powder… but other than that, I followed it exactly and it was a HUGE hit. Thank you!