This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it”s advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SauceOn #CollectiveBias #shop
We love Chinese food around here, and I have to tell you that one of my favorite all time recipes was the Crockpot Mongolian Beef that we posted a while back. To tell you that I have a love affair with Mongolian beef would probably be an understatement. And we aren’t the only ones, this recipe has gone viral on Pinterest, with tens of thousands of people repining it!
Well as much as I love Mongolian beef I can’t always expect my family to relish in my desires to eat the same dish all the time, so I have to change it up. Sooo…how do I change it up, but still not do to much work….add spice! I went to the Walmart and grabbed El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce. First, I want to let you know that while El Yucateco is available to most grocery stores, The Chili Habanero Black Label Reserve is ONLY available at Walmart.
Using hot sauce is an easy way to spice up meals and add great flavor without doing much differently! I set my crockpot up and I prepared my dish according to my recipe instructions, and then at the end I added in one tablespoon of El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce. Now the trick with hot sauce when cooking for an extended period is add in a little less than you think you will like as far as heat level is concerned, because the dish will get spicier the longer it cooks. I only added in one tablespoon, but you could totally add in more or less depending on your personal heat level preference. (My toddler complains if it’s to spicy!)
The result, was pure mouthwatering deliciousness! The dish was reborn and had that little extra ump, and a massive injection of flavor! Best of all, no complaints on the heat level, only praises about how great it tasted tonight! If you loved our original Mongolian Beef recipe, you will LOVE this one!! El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce is a must, it really is a quality product and it shines through in this recipe!
Spice up dinner with El Yucateco Sauces! They have a variety four different varieties of hot sauce:
1. Red Habanero Sauce
2. Green Habanero Sauce
3. XXXtra Hot Kutbil-ik Sauce
4. Black Label Reserve (EXCLUSIVE to Walmart)
Sauce On! Check out more Hot Sauces Recipes!
- 1 tablespoon of El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½-1 cup soy sauce (1/2 cup per pound)
- ½-1 cup water (1/2 cup per pound)
- ¾-1 cup dark brown sugar (3/4 cup for ½ pound or 1 cup for 2)
- 1-2 lb of stir fry ready beef
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- Coat your flank steak with cornstarch and let rest
- Take the back of your knife and peel your piece of ginger and mince
- Turn crockpot on High
- Mince Garlic and add into crock along with chopped green onion and ginger ( I used more garlic, than stated, use as much or as little as you want)
- Add in soy sauce, water, sugar, and oil
- Stir to combine
- Add in stir fry beef
- Let cook on high for 2-3 hours or until tender.