I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #SpreadTheFlavor #CollectiveBias
We love spicy food. Food with a kick that lights up your taste buds and makes you sweat a little. We will often bring a spicy appetizer to a party and decided to make egg rolls for a weekend family get together! Eggs rolls are one of our favorite appetizers and this spicy jalapeno cream cheese egg roll really hit the spot. Simple and easy this recipe only requires 5 ingredients (plus oil), all which are available at Walmart!
The kicker, it doesn’t really need any jalapenos! There is a new Cream Cheese variety out and if you love spicy cheese, you will absolutely LOVE this. It’s the NEW Philadelphia Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese. Let me say, as a cream cheese lover, it’s delicious! You can see little bits of peppers in the cheese so you know it’s going to be HOT. My daughter loves to help daddy shop and cook, so when I spotted this at the store I wondered if it would go well with egg rolls and if she would like them.
A warning, this Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese spread is the real deal. It’s HOT. So if you are not a fan of spicy foods, then you may want to try the Chive Onion or other available varieties! Swing by Walmart’s produce section, grab some packages cabbage mix, egg roll wrappers and don’t forget oil (you’re going to need it to fry the egg rolls).
Once they are out of the fryer it’s go time! This recipe makes about 8 egg rolls depending on how well you stuff them. They taste absolutely amazing, and are restaurant quality. Trust me, they do pack a big punch! They have a nice outer skin that is crunchy and flakey. The cabbage and spicy jalapeno cream cheese mix together to produce a delicious and smooth taste. The cabbage is slightly crunchy but the cream cheese will provide a kick that you will taste throughout the bite.
Hannah, my four year old even loved them! (Looks like she is taking after daddy) She kept saying they “are a little spicy, but soooo ‘licious.’” This is a fun twist on an egg roll that is simple to make at home. Let me know how you like the new Spicy Jalapeno Philly Cream Cheese! It’s been a hit in our house!
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 1 container of Spicy Jalapeno Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 package of prepared cabbage mix (coleslaw mix)
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 egg
- Preheat fryer or about 5 inches of oil in a pot.
- Use a wooden spoon and test the oil temp. If the oil bubbles up around the end of the spoon its ready. Or you can use a thermometer and heat oil to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, add the cabbage mix, soy sauce and cook until just soft.
- In each egg roll wrapper place an even amount of the cabbage mixture alone with 1 tbs of the Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese.
- If you want to temper the heat of the jalapeno cream cheese, you can add in 1 tbs of regular Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Then take the egg and beat it with 1 tsp of water making an egg wash.
- Rim the edges of each egg roll wrapper, and then turn the wrapper so that it’s a diamond shape.
- Fold in opposing sides of the diamond then roll to close.
- Drop only 2-3 at a time as to not overcrowd the oil and drop the oil temp too much, this will result in greasy egg rolls!
- Fry until golden brown.
- Caution filling will be hot so let them cool a bit before enjoying!