Insanely moist, delectably smooth, Vanilla bean cupcakes piled high with Vanilla Bean extra creamy butter cream… What more is there to say? They were amazing, delicious and EASY!
These babies are just dying to be made and devoured by you! You can even see the little vanilla beans in the buttercream icing. Everyone will KNOW you made this from scratch, you CAN’T buy buttercream like this! There is a big difference between using vanilla extract and using real vanilla beans to get to the flavor you desire.
The perfect cupcakes for any occasion but can be dressed up with candy pearls for a more elegant look which is perfect for any sort of shower or celebration for that matter. This delicious vanilla bean cupcake recipe is sure to make you the talk of the party! And that truly is the icing on the cake.
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup nearly boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Vanilla beans
- 2 sticks salted butter at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer sift together dry ingredients. Add oil, hot water, and milk and mix for 1 minute at medium speed. Add eggs, vanilla extract and vanilla bean and beat for another minute. Batter will be thin.
- Use a ¼ measuring cup or ice cream scoop to fill cupcake tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick poked into a cupcake comes out clean.
- While cupcakes cool make the frosting. Beat butter on a low speed until creamy. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time then add cream, vanilla beans, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
I use the Open Star Wilton 1M frosting tip for most of my cupcakes
Tips on how to extract Vanilla Bean seeds from their pod
Use a sharp stubby knife that you can control well. Start by laying bean flat on a cutting board and slice from the top center all the way down the length of the bean. Now take half of the bean, flatten it and firmly slide the unsharpened side of the knife down the bean which should extract a small heap of Vanilla Bean caviar! Oh the joy, beauty, and insane flavor just bursting from these little pods!
Save the empty husks! They can be added to sugar for none other than… That’s right, vanilla sugar! Perfect to sprinkle on cookies or just about anything sweet for that matter.